Saint Michael's College delivers a compelling, world-class education in a beautiful Vermont setting. Our connected community allows students to form close relationships with each other and accomplished faculty and staff members, providing an ideal learning environment where they have the space and support to challenge themselves and their peers. As a fully residential college located minutes from Burlington, one of the country's top-rated college towns, Saint Michael's offers an unparalleled mix of academic, spiritual, cultural, service and wilderness experiences. Saint Michael's is among the elite ranks of only 283 colleges and universities nationwide allowed to host a Phi Beta Kappa national honor society chapter on campus, making it clear why Newsweek magazine labeled the college a "hidden treasure" that "deserves more national recognition." The College is included in the Princeton Review's Best 379 Colleges, earning a spot on the Green College Honor Roll for demonstrating a strong commitment to sustainability. Surrounded by the beautiful Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, and only 3.5 hours from Boston and 1.5 hours from Montreal, the area offers abundant recreational and cultural opportunities. To learn more, visit smcvt.edu.Job Description:
The Discovery Officer will be an innovative, passionate, self-motivated individual who believes in the promise of higher education, the impact it has on individuals, and the importance higher education institutions have on the future of our world. The successful candidate will understand the value of building authentic relationships with individuals and providing those individuals with opportunities to support Saint Michael's College (SMC) based on the information collected through these relationships.
- Proactively manages a consistently shifting portfolio of prospects, with independent responsibility to develop and execute strategies which engage, provide primary source information, secure visits, and establish early visit solicitation and investment that leverage the donor's interests and connect them to SMC's opportunities for support.
- Guided by the direction and scope of a prospect's interest, actively collaborates with the Associate Vice President and other colleagues to establish appropriate engagement strategies.
- Within the context of College priorities, secures and/or guides the development of written collateral materials for engaging prospects and securing gifts.
- Travels when necessary to execute strategic development plans.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), generous paid time off, employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.
For full job description click here.Additional Information:
Saint Michael's College, inspired by our Edmundite Catholic mission, is committed to diversity and inclusion across our campus community. We are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural diversity of the nation, and we actively seek applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants are invited to include in their cover letter and other documents information about how they may contribute to our goal through their research, teaching and/or service.Application Instructions:
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button:
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for 3 references (reference letters may be requested of finalists at a later stage)
Review of applications will begin on July 3 and continue until position is filled.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication, Public Relations, English or a related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in fundraising, marketing, public relations, and/or annual giving and stewardship
- Higher Education experience preferred.