Qualifications: Masters or equivalent, minimum; in Business with 18 graduate hours in Accounting and/or CPA or CMA certification.
Job Description: Full-time faculty responsibilities, including teaching accounting courses in the School of Business, serving as the academic advisor for students in the accounting program, collaborating with other faculty on school and university initiatives, and assisting in managing the School’s Business Club.
- Maintain records as required by the University.
- Maintains professional ethics.
- Establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships.
- Provide evidence of professional growth.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the students which will promote their welfare and their proper educational development.
- Administer the classroom and its program of organization and management.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, peers, and community leaders.
- Develop and implement syllabi that are clear and understandable.
- Prepare and provide quality instruction.
- Begin and end classes on time according to OCU schedules.
- Effective teaching of accounting and business related topics and skills, including clear presentation of course content, ability to respond to students’ questions and comments, providing consistent and unbiased feedback on student work in a timely fashion, and making accommodations for students with identified exceptionalities, among others.
- Collaborate with students involved with extra-curricular activities by providing assistance when they miss your class.
- Make provisions, if known, for students with identified exceptionalities.
- Encourage active student participation.
- Fairly evaluate student learning and participate in school and university assessment efforts.
- Select texts, supplementary materials and equipment necessary for effective course content delivery and student learning.
- Participate in school and university faculty committee assignments, initiatives, and meetings.
- Conduct research within respective field.
- Maintain office hours of 10 hours per week in addition to teaching assignments.
Submit a completed OCU Employment Application available at http://www.oak.edu/about/careers-at-ocu along with a current resume or CV, cover letter and official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to our HR department (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dean of the School of Business (email@example.com). If necessary, mail official transcripts to:
Oakland City University
Human Resource Department
138 N Lucretia Street
Oakland City, IN 47660