Director, The Art Station
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-27-2017
Illinois State University seeks a Director for a new program, The Art Station, which will provide Illinois State University students and faculty with opportunities to pursue learning and scholarship. In particular, this innovative program will provide individualized attention to students by fostering strong student-faculty connections to conduct research and provide professional practice opportunities. Simultaneously, The Art Station will provide educational and self-expressive visual arts experiences to children, youth, and families in the community, taught and guided by professional artists/art educators, with deliberate efforts to reach at-risk and otherwise underserved young people in order to support Illinois State University's values of diversity and civic engagement.
The Director will be responsible for establishing and opening The Art Station. Working in conjunction with the Advisory Board, the Executive Director will hire and supervise staff, develop a strategic plan, develop a marketing and promotional strategy including The Art Stations' website, conduct fundraising efforts, and oversee facility design and construction.
1. Master's Degree in art management, art education, museum education, business administration, or related fields OR Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in art management, art education, museum education, business administration, or related fields.
2. Experience in business administration.
3. Experience with fiscal management.
4. Experience managing and supervising personnel.
5. Demonstrated success with fund raising via grant-writing, sponsorship and/or donor development.
6. Experience with marketing and promotional activities.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking.
8. Ability to interact with diverse populations: children, parents, college students, faculty, staff, peers.
9. Maintain a positive professional demeanor that contributes to a positive and fulfilling work environment.
10. Working knowledge of basic office software/technological competence.
11. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Experience in nonprofit business.
2. Experience developing a marketing and promotional plan.
3. Experience with strategic planning.
4. Experience developing and implementing a budget.
5. Knowledge of art education.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.