Instructional Support Associate - Learning Space Architect
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College is seeking a Learning Space Architect (State title: Instructional Support Associate) for the Office of Information Technology Services. This key position reports to the Assistant Director for Learning Environments and assists with the management and operation of regional educational media projects, enabling the production of high quality media resources and management of collegewide learning environments. The Learning Space Architect collaborates with other Educational and Emerging Technologies (EET) staff to create and deliver high quality content and coordinate how it can be leveraged in the existing and future learning environments employed by the college.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Analyzes faculty/staff requests and conceptualizes creative solutions; writes and composes proposals, scripts, and storyboards; reviews proposals with faculty/staff to develop appropriate project approach; meets with faculty/staff to evaluate the effectiveness of finished products
- Supports the administration of existing learning spaces, including customizations, modifications, and management of necessary updates
- Serves as Tier 2 support for ITS-maintained learning spaces and systems
- Collaborate with various offices to develop new learning spaces, both physical and virtual
- Understands end user needs by performing regular assessments on existing learning environments
- Coordinates with other learning space architects and educational technologists to create training materials for all learning spaces
- Provides leadership and guidance to supporting staff on multimedia projects; ensures compliance with policies and regulations, and that all issues are addressed and resolved
- Supports activities directly related to production of live and recorded media production
- Supports management of LEARNscape (Kaltura) video server content
- Manages ESCTV through Display 5, the college's digital signage system
- Develops multimedia visual aids , animations of powerpoints, and co-hosts virtual learning classrooms to transfer learning
- Tracks usage of learning technologies in both virtual and physical spaces across the college
- Ensure end-to-end testing and quality of all new functionalities, coordinating with stakeholders and vendors to ensure no disruption to the users
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Communications Media, or related field
- Two or more years' experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience in administration of learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard)
- Strong understanding of service management and support processes
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Effective use of organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong level of attention to detail and multitasking capability
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Working knowledge of web development languages (HTML, CSS, etc.) and query languages (SQL, etc.)
- Two or more years' experience developing digital media and/or video production related projects
- Experience with the management of video equipment and multimedia-rich digital environments
- Experience with video production software (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro)
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Rank/Salary: $45,000+, DOQ
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security