I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
The Department of Global Health at George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health focuses on improving the health and health equity of all people worldwide by collaborating across country boundaries to research and implement multi-sector policies and programs. The Global Health Department seeks a post-doctoral candidate to work in the areas of cancer prevention and implementation research. The position, for two years, will entail significant research activity and a high level of autonomy. The candidate will be expected to participate fully in writing manuscripts from existing data, analyzing and triangulating qualitative and quantitative data, write and submit applications for funding, participate in ongoing research projects in Peru and El Salvador, and engage in all aspects of interdisciplinary research for cervical cancer control in Latin America. The post doctoral scientist will report to Dr. Patti Gravitt.
• Conduct integrated analyses of qualitative and quantitative data
• Develop qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments (e.g., focus group guides, surveys)
• Conduct secondary data analysis and literature reviews
• Write manuscripts for publication in reputable journals
• Search for and write grants directed toward NIH and research foundations
• Participate in dissemination of research findings to more general audiences
• Participate in research meetings
• Travel to project sites in Peru and El Salvador as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Require’s a PhD in the field or in a related area.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- PhD in public health – epidemiology or social science or related field;
- Familiarity with implementation research methods is preferred;
– Strong written and oral communications in both English and Spanish is preferred;
- Ability to analyze and integrate quantitative and qualitative data is preferred;
- A candidate with demonstrated interest in global cancer control and Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health as a long-term career goal is preferred.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5:00p Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: RP000254 Job Open Date: 02/28/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Docorate Degree?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3