Senior Associate Director, Parent and Family Giving
University of Delaware
Job Title Senior Associate Director, Parent and Family Giving
Job ID 104739
Location Newark, DE
Senior Associate Director, Parent & Family Giving
Office of Development & Alumni Relations
Pay Grade: 31S
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) engages donors, alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students in a lifelong relationship and fosters a tradition of philanthropy to strengthen the University of Delaware's legacy as one of the great public institutions of higher education in America.
Under the limited direction of the Director of Development, Parent and Family Giving (PFG), the Senior Associate Director is responsible for soliciting parent prospects for major gifts. This newly created position is a front-line gift officer position focused on identifying, cultivation, soliciting and stewarding major gifts from current and past parents of UD students. The incumbent will play a key role in soliciting and closing significant gift commitments.
- Develops, organizes, manages, and implements short and long-range strategies for soliciting major gift commitments (defined as $50,000 and above) from parents of current students as well as past parents.
- Responsible for conducting a minimum of 120 visits annually to parents who are prospective donors while managing a pool of approximately 150-175 prospects.
- Collaborates with Parent & Family Giving team members to identify Parent & Family Leadership Council volunteers in addition to New Student Send-Off hosts and story contributors to Blue Hen Parents, a quarterly digital newsletter.
- Aligns cultivation strategies with university, college- and unit-based strategic plans, objectives and goals.
- Utilizes considerable initiative and independence and collaborates with development and alumni relations peers in addition to senior University administrators to develop comprehensive donor engagement and solicitation strategies.
- Supports PFG team with parent data transition and updating process from Admissions to Development & Alumni Relations with Systems & Reporting team.
- Represents UD Development & Alumni Relations at meetings, programs, events and other activities as appropriate.
- Enhances professional knowledge and skills through attending seminars/workshops, reviewing professional literature and independently seeking out information, experts, or resources to creatively resolve issues or develop new ideas.
- Travels regionally and nationally to conduct major gift solicitations.
Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred, and five years of progressively responsible job-related experience managing student, parent and/or development activities. Proven experience in closing significant gift commitments. Front-line fundraising and volunteer management experience. Knowledge of and work experience in a higher education setting preferred. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Commitment to collaborative teamwork and individual accountability. A goal-oriented work ethic and absolute integrity.
Domestic and local travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html