Assistant / Associate Director, Leadership Annual Giving
University of Delaware
Job Title Assistant / Associate Director, Leadership Annual Giving
Job ID 104745
Location Newark, DE
Assistant/Associate Director, Leadership Annual Giving
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Pay Grade: 28S/30S
Deadline: Position open until filled
The University of Delaware's Office of Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) is building a model fundraising infrastructure, one that will meet the growing needs of the University in support of the overall strategic plan. It is our mission to engage donors, alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students in a lifelong relationship and foster a tradition of philanthropy to strengthen the University's legacy as one of the great public institutions of higher education in America.
Under the general direction of the Director of Leadership Annual Giving, the position of Assistant / Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts at the leadership level of giving, $1,000 and up (Delaware Diamonds Society) primarily acquiring new donors. The Assistant / Associate Director maintains an active and ongoing schedule of 12-15 face-to-face meetings per month with alumni.
This frontline gift officer is also responsible for garnering financial support from alumni celebrating landmark reunion years at UD, now expanding to a full quinquennial model marking every five-year milestone through the 50th reunion.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit alumni and others in assigned prospect pools with a focus on annual gifts of $1,000 and up as well as multi-year pledges of $5,000 and up.
- Personally solicit and close at least 20 new Delaware Diamonds Society gifts per year.
- Coordinate solicitation and recruitment strategies for key prospects in collaboration with Directors of Development.
- Maintain an active and ongoing schedule of 12-15 face-to-face meetings per month with alumni and other prospective supporters. Articulate and present compelling cases for major gifts as well as annual giving support.
- Analyze and create financial goals for the reunion giving program and set strategy to meet these goals in collaboration with the Director of Leadership Annual Giving.
- Support and assist department- and university-wide programs and activities, including some evening and weekends, on several high-profile engagement events such as Homecoming Weekend, Alumni Weekend, Delaware Diamonds Society events, Commencement, Celebration of Scholarship, Football Tailgates, etc.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge and understanding of University programs, plans, goals and projects to apply to donor strategies.
Bachelor's degree required and one to two years of development or related experience - advanced degree is a plus; experience with fundraising or alumni relations preferably in a higher education environment; aptitude to network among and solicit high net worth individuals; ability to conceptualize, analyze, assess, develop, and implement fundraising programs and strategies; experience solving and managing difficult issues and problems; experience and aptitude engaging, involving and motivating groups of diverse individuals; ability to work effectively in a team setting and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; proficiency using search engines and networking tools including social media; ability to analyze and manipulate large data sets; must possess effective time management and organizational skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html