Clinical Research Coordinator
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Neurological Surgery
Posting Date: 06-27-2017
The Department of Neurosurgery is currently seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator. The incumbent evaluates the feasibility of proposed trials, prepares and or plans for the opening of trials, conducts trials, facilitates data capture, and audits multiple clinical trials. This is accomplished while assuring patient safety and abiding by applicable Federal law and international guidelines for the conduct of clinical trials.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree at time of hire and at least one year of clinical research or related experience. Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification and at least four years of additional professional experience may be considered in place of degree.
This position requires the ability to work on-call schedules as needed, including some nights and weekends.
This is a restricted position and employment is contingent upon continued funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
3. Ability to work accurately, independently, and with attention to detail.
4. Proficient keyboarding skills. Ability to sort and compile data.
5. Considerable knowledge of scientific principles and research methodology.
6. Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, diseases/conditions under study, and Good Clinical Practices for research.
7. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage large volumes of information while having the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing situations.
8. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
9. Knowledge of word processing.
10. Knowledge of data administration with regard to clinical trials for data entry and electronic case report forms.
11. Ability to work on-call schedules as needed, including nights and weekends.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81406