Director, MSW Field Education
Posting Date June 27, 2017
Position Title Director, MSW Field Education
Vacancy # V-F50
Department Child Advocacy and Policy
Program Academic Affairs
Division Academic Affairs
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of Director of Field Education (non-tenure track) for a newly formed Department of Social Work and Child Advocacy launching in the fall of 2017. The unit is actively building an MSW program that is anticipated to launch in the fall of 2018 (concentration in children, youth, and families).
The Director of Field Education will be responsible for the development and administration of field education curriculum for the new MSW program. We are seeking a dynamic leader who is familiar with the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation standards pertaining to field education, and has prior experience in social work field education. The Director's responsibilities will include leadership and management of all aspects of the field education program, as well as teaching two (2) courses per semester.
Responsibilities of the Director of Field Education include the following:
- Provision of strategic leadership to the field education program; creating and implementing field education policies and procedures as required by the CSWE.
- Development of field placement sites for first-year and second-year MSW students; establishing strategic partnerships with human service agencies across the region.
- Coordination and oversight of student placements across all sites; provision of orientation and ongoing support to all parties.
- Recruitment and training of field instructors and field liaisons; provision of support and consultation to instructors and liaisons.
- Development and implementation of field education assessment procedures as required by the CSWE.
- Teaching two (2) courses per semester in the MSW program.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master's in Social Work (MSW) degree from a CSWE-accredited program.
- Post-MSW practice experience, and an active social work license.
- Prior experience in social work field education (e.g. serving as a field instructor or field liaison, or working for a field education office at a college or university).
- Familiarity with CSWE accreditation standards pertaining to field education.
- Experience in program development, administration and evaluation.
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to build strong partnerships with students and professionals, and ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
- College teaching experience.
- Knowledge of the New Jersey public child welfare system.
Dependent upon qualifications.
Anticipated Start Date 9/1/17
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Send/Email letter and resume to:
Dr. Jason J. Dickinson
Robert D. McCormick Center for Child Advocacy and Policy
Montclair State University
P.O. Box C316 Montclair, NJ 07043
(Include V# xxx)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION