IT Specialist II
IT Specialist II
IT Specialist II
Univ Relations Com & Mktng-Gen - 180000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the University Relations, Communications and Marketing department (URCM) collaborates with internal and external partners to:
* Advance and protect UNT's institutional identity and reputation
* Reinforce and grow UNT's brand in graphics, images and words
* Increase UNT's visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace
* Support UNT's student recruitment, retention and graduation goals
* Strengthen UNT's relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
The University Relations Communications and Marketing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a IT Specialist II to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
*Understands UNT's mission, strategic themes and key goals and applies that understanding in creation of web development work that also shows an understanding of the key audiences and market research.
*Assists in the implementation of campaigns within the marketing automation platform using the built in interface, and uses SQL queries to supplement when needed.
*Follows documentation, code samples, and instructions accurately.
*Coordinates with ITSSs' web hosting team to develop and maintain workflows used by university web development staff.
*Implements web technology in appropriate ways, based on the audiences for a given project.
*Implements new standards for site development, management, or coding based on strategies set forth by supervisor. Is an advocate for steady improvement of web practices at UNT while respecting the need to test and verify cross platform functionality of new practices.
*Provides technical support for mission critical applications. Makes recommendations to for improvement of legacy application.
*Effectively communicates and collaborates with supervisor in the planning, design and execution of interactive components and web applications.
*Produces clear and understandable documentation for internal and external consumption as needed.
*Assists designers and content specialists with infrastructure, data migration, and functionality planning in support of their site building tasks.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess Associate's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of email marketing best practices, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) or related email software
* Knowledge of SQL fundamentals or other database technologies
* Experience with the retrieval and uploading of data files to/from multiple systems and environments or email list management
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Visio (or other similar programs)
* Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast paced environment
* Ability to lead and effectively manage technical discussions including communicating data requirements to a wide range of audiences
* Experience developing technical documentation
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight
* Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting