Digital Image Specialist
Digital Image Specialist
Digital Image Specialist
Univ Relations Com & Mktng-Gen - 180000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the University Relations, Communication and Marketing department (URCM) collaborates with internal and external partners to:
* Advance and protect UNT's institutional identity and reputation
* Reinforce and grow UNT's brand in graphics, images and words
* Increase UNT's visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace
* Support UNT's student recruitment, retention and graduation goals
* Strengthen UNT's relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
The University Relations Communication & Marketing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Digital Image Specialist to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Work as a contributing team member with other URCM staff as well as constituents across the university to provide photographic or video services that support the university brand.
* Utilize creativity as well as knowledge of lighting, composition, camera/lens combination, and post-production software to create photography/video.
* Ability to quickly scout locations for marketing/advertising photography or video.
* Commitment to research and stay ahead of marketing trends in marketing and adverting photography/video production.
* Perform the entire lifecycle of production from beginning to end, from the planning and producing of photo/video shoots to completing all post-production processing.
* Perform editing, correction, archival and file storage.
* Perform digital imaging necessary to the production of high-quality photographic prints and images for exhibition, publication, research or preservation purposes.
* Collaborate with the team to ensure continuity of message and brand positioning.
* Collaborate with URCM directors and URCM department managers to develop content and shepherd the storytelling process for university publications including magazines, brochures, press releases, website, e-newsletter, etc.
* Assist in real-time coverage of events through social media.
* Must display a positive, energetic attitude and see the value in developing relationships with others to achieve goals.
* Maintain records; prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
* Work creatively under the pressure of deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
* Assists in the support of university events including the set up and tear down along with other duties as assigned.
* Other job duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree in related field and three years work experience in print, video, and/or electronic media production, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong knowledge of the principles, equipment, software, and practices of the field of media design and production
* Manual dexterity and physical ability to operate various items of media equipment
* Ability to conceptualize and develop original ideas for media production
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelors degree in either photography, journalism, film or related field.
* Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
* Minimum of two years' experience in either a marketing, advertising or editorial photography/video field.
* Excellent knowledge of studio and location lighting. As well as knowing how to use on camera flash.
* Excellent knowledge in using Adobe Creative Cloud programs like Photoshop, Bridge, Premiere, etc to edit and photography or video.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience.
* Experience working cross-functionally within a team.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and make contact with both internal and external constituents and diverse populations.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Must be flexible, innovative and self-motivated.
* Commitment to understanding and demonstrating the value of higher education and professional development.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
* This position may require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
* This position may require the ability to carry and move large photographic equipment regularly.
* Travel may be required.
* Valid Texas driver's license will be required if conducting the functions of the position requires the use of a personal or university vehicle.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting