University of North Texas - Manager - Supervisor - Cook - Cashier - Customer Service
The University of North Texas
Now Hiring Managers, Supervisors, Cooks, & Cashiers at our Dining Facilities on campus!
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is “in”! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms – no convenience foods. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it’s our way of life. Our Dining Services department includes quality dining at our convenient Retail Food Shops across campus, a variety of cafeteria-style Residential Dining Halls and full-service Catering for on-campus events. All Residential menu planning is done in-house and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our popular national and in-house Retail brands offer many options to satisfy every taste.
The Hourly Food Service Worker will provide food service assistance under the supervision of the Food Service Supervisor(s) and the Food Service Manager.
Job Duties Include:
- Serving food to students and University staff
- Assists full-time kitchen staff and performs food preparation
- Cleans dining areas and washes pots and dishes
- Performs cashiering duties
- Other duties as assigned
Our Food Service Supervisor is responsible for brand compliance, training, and supervision of in-house and national brand operations in Retail Dining Services. This requires strict supervision and training of staff to make sure food is ordered, cooked/prepared, and served as required in contracts for in-house and national Brands.
Job Duties Include:
- Supervision of full-time and part-time employees in the on-campus national Retail brand operations (such as Taco Bell, Chick fil A, Starbucks, or Which Wich) to uphold brand contract compliance
- Reviews recipes and maintains production schedules through proper pre-prep, batch preparation, and cooking
- Follows recipes using correct products, ingredients, and methods
- Assist with the training of new employees in the area
- Operates cash register, maintains cooking equipment, and maintains inventory control while ensuring food safety and delivering a high-demand product
- Provide high-quality customer service
For immediate consideration, click “Apply Now” to submit your application today!
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.