Executive Assistant to the Vice President for HCS
General Description of Position:
This position reports to and provides senior-level administrative support to a Vice President or President's Cabinet Member.Information about the Department:
To better serve faculty and staff, the university established the Division of Human Capital Services to focus on recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse and highly qualified workforce. This division maximizes the university's ability to support the needs of all employees, including faculty, unclassified professionals, support staff and students.Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description:
This position reports to and provides senior-level administrative support to a Vice President or President's Cabinet Member. Evaluates, directs, and organizes all matters referred to the office. Provides oversight and support for all major executive functions and ensures compliance with all applicable procedures, policies, and regulations. Works independently to handle complex, sensitive situations with the potential to have major impact on the university as a whole.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of the Office of the Vice President for Human Capital Services, collaborating with key colleagues in HSC to ensure smooth, efficient and effective operations, shared responsibilities and the exchange of information.
- Identifies administrative needs or problems in the office of the Vice President and HSC, devises and recommends solutions, and implements solutions after approval.
- Serves as the principal point of contact for the office of the Vice President and acts as the liaison to campus, communicating on behalf of the Vice President and HSC answering questions or directing individuals to the appropriate person/s.
- Under the direction of the Vice President, manages, coordinates and supports Division of Human Capital Services projects including major initiatives, consultant-led projects, programming, retreats, planning sessions or other special projects or events.
- Maintains close communication with the Vice President for Human Capital Services and other members of the leadership team to understand and support priorities and needs, with an eye toward efficient operation of the Division and the "big picture."
- Assists the Vice President and HCS leadership team with development and oversight of division finances and budget. This will include preparation, monitoring and preparation of financial reports. This position will play a key role in assisting with setting financial priorities consistent with division and university priorities and goals.
- Maintains departmental personnel files, prepares personnel transactions for staff and students, to include annual salary contracts for unclassified employees. Responsible for the maintenance of time and leave records.
Coordinates travel arrangements for the Vice President and other members of HCS leadership. Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment with vendors, requests for minor repairs, and notifies staff when issues affect Edwards Hall.
- Leads and coordinates the arrangement of HCS special events (i.e., Town Hall Meetings, guest lectures, forums, etc.).
- Hires and supervises HCS student employees.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (or work equivalent).
Six to ten years of relevant experience.
Knowledge of Human Resources best practices.
Use of the Microsoft Office suite to include MS Word, Excel, One Note and PowerPoint.
Strong customer service skills.Preferred Qualifications:
Seven years of experience supporting executive level administration.
Five years of experience in a higher education environment.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to meet deadlines while working within a team environment and/or independently.
Strong English and grammar skills.
Basic accounting skills.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload a current resume and cover letter with your application.Screening of Applications Begins:
July 7, 2017Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$61, 542 - $98, 467Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.