Head Coach (Women''''''''s Basketball)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Head Coach (Women's Basketball) position. The head coach is responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program, in consultation with the Director of Athletics, demonstrating high moral and ethical behavior and good sportsmanship. In developing athletes, the head coach must recognize the academic needs of the student as primary and athletic achievement as secondary and celebrate both excellence in the classroom and on the field of play. The head coach must operate within budget to meet team needs and enforce rules pertaining to the College, student conduct, and governing rules and regulations.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least, one year of experience in coaching college-level basketball required.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Knowledge of NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to student athletes.
• Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit athletic talent is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of supervision and management practices.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.