Student Affairs - Registrar
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for directing the college’s student registration and records retention functions.
• Set office priorities, coordinates staff meetings; review the work of personnel
• Provides information and assistance to students, faculty, and staff
• Ensures students, faculty and staff are informed about open registration dates, policies and procedures
• Resolves student registration issues
• Responsible for managing the Record’s Office Expense Department Budget
• Responsible for managing the Graduation Expense Budget
• Chair of the Academic Calendar Committee and maintains updates to the calendar
• Responsible for updating EGSC semester calendar information on the USG Calendar website
• Co-Chair of the Academic and Financial Aid Appeals Committee
• Serves as member of several college committees
• Analyzes reports and sets departmental goals
• Oversee production of cancellation for student non-attendance and non-payment processes
• Coordinates staff travel schedules to conferences and external college locations
• Monitors grades, grade point averages, cumulative GPA’s and academic standings for anomalies
• General oversight of the Associate Degree You Deserve Parchment Project (reverse transfer)
• General oversight of transmission of EGSC faculty grades and student attendance information through eCore each semester
• Prepares Enrollment Reports for administrative staff during registration events
• Oversee Procedure Manual for the Record’s Department
• Initializes set-up of each new semester in Banner Information System
• Updates Banner SLAEVNT for all Banner Web, TAP and Orientation open registration dates.
• Ensures that staff, procedures and policies remain in compliance with federal, state, university system and college regulations
• Approves employee leave through ADP
• Coordinates & prepares submission of annual College Board Survey
• Maintains online Banner System catalog for new degrees/programs, new courses and pre-requisites
• Prepares and coordinates with campus departments annual updates to website college catalog
• Ensures that EGSC provides annual notification to the student body concerning student rights (FERPA)
• Develops training materials for both faculty and staff with regards to student privacy right
• Serves the college as Tuition Classification Officer for petitions for in-state tuition and multiple waivers of out-of-state tuition
• Performs related duties
Knowledge Required by the Position
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to student registration and records management.
• Knowledge of Registrar-related functions and processes.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in the supervision of personnel.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results and reviews completed work through reports, conference and department activities.
Guidelines include: the institutional catalog; Student Affairs policies set by the Board of Regents, and relevant federal guidelines. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application
Complexity/Scope of Work
• The work consists of varied management and supervisory duties. Frequent regulation changes contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to assist in directing the college’s student registration and records retention activities. Success in this position results in the efficiency and effectiveness of registration procedures and in the accuracy and completeness of student records.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
This position has direct supervision of Student Affairs – Assistant Registrar/Processor. Registrar is responsible for the overall management and direction of the department.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three years of experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Preferred Qualifications Requested Updates/Changes to Position Description Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Date 06/26/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), physical and drug screening.
Thank you for your interest in this position. The screening and selection process is currently underway and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Based on your responses to the questions on the employment application, you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Please do not let this discourage you from applying for other positions that interest you.