The Hall Director is a full-time professional staff member of the Office of Residence Life, responsible for providing leadership and direction to a comprehensive student development program and for the administrative operation of a residential community. The expectation is that this is accomplished through interactions with students and staff both inside and outside of the office environment and initiatives in this area are valued and celebrated. Emphasis is placed on creating a community where the student experience is positive and staff provides excellent customer service.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Master's degree in higher education, college student personnel, counseling or related field required, prior to start date.
- Supervisory experience.
- Two years of experience managing a residence hall is strongly preferred. This is inclusive of any graduate level experience in a residence hall.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and commitment to work with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work successfully in a team setting.
- Commitment to social justice, community advocacy, and working with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Student conduct experience.
- Emergency and crisis response skills.
- Experience working with Living Learning Communities and/or themed communities.