MSP Systems Engineer
About: We are one of Atlanta's fastest growing Managed Service Providers (MSP) focused on small and medium sized businesses in the insurance, manufacturing, and business services sectors. We are seeking a motivated person to join our team in an contract to full time position with long term career potential on our technical team. As our Solution (Systems) Engineer, you would be involved in support and projects of our customer's infrastructure as well as building relationships with our clients. The ideal candidate will have a 10+ years of seasoned experience and worked for a Managed Services Provider.
Job Description: We are seeking dynamic individuals to join our team and be a Solution (Systems) Engineer (mid to senior level). The engineer is responsible for maintaining the operational status of Windows-based end user and server computer systems, network systems, and potentially develop new business, while maintaining relationships with our current clients. Successful candidates will be responsible for technical support in the Metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced professionals to join our growing team. This engineer should be top of their game and efficient while troubleshooting and effectively communicate to our customers the problem, the solution, and proactive recommendations. The candidate for this position should have experience in up selling technology solutions and business to business experience. This positive, high-energy engineer will possess strong communication, organization, and negotiation skills (IF YOU DO NOT POSESS THE SKILLS FOREMENTIONED YOU NEED NOT APPLY). Focus on achievement, self-motivation, and various interpersonal skills related to persuasion. Technical in general, but is oriented toward self-improvement and potentially moving into management.
This is an on-site position and may rarely have opportunities to work remotely. This individual will work closely with other members of our team and information technology departments within the client company. The duties of the engineer range across the spectrum of individual Windows operating system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting to controlling the foundations of the entire network. They are charged with the installation of new applications as well as their corresponding updates and systems as well as support for components of the company's entire IT network. Occasionally scripting may be required. The individual should be versed in projects related to infrastructure deployments as well as best practices in maintenance and support of production systems. The candidate may be required to supervise or train other members of the staff on operating system options and various aspects of program functions with Windows and Microsoft applications. The individual must demonstrate substantial skills and technical responsibility, in addition to interfacing at multiple organizational levels in the customer environment. The successful individual in this role will have achieved advanced certification from Microsoft or VMWare. They will also have 5+ years experience working for an MSP and 10+ years in the IT profession.
- Currently live within 30 minutes of Metro Atlanta (no out of state candidates will be considered)
- Background check & drug screen
- College or equivalent experience
- Industry Certifications (VCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Net+, MCITP) preferred
- NEED MINIMUM 10+ YEARS PROVEN EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS AND MSP - IT SERVICES
- Good work ethic & strong desire to succeed
- Ability to grow and maintain long term relationships
- Provide ongoing support to current customers
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Extremely personable and social skills
- Solid time management and self-management skills
- Thorough negotiation and presentation skills
- Valid driver's license
- High speed home internet
- Car and Insurance
- Laptop Computer
- Cell phone
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and provides technical and/or project management leadership and direction in solutions for customers and their projects or multiple tasks for larger, customer projects.
- Performs technical lead function for multiple technology solutions within projects.
- Provides documentation, assessments, and architectural designs for systems infrastructure projects as appropriate.
- Participates in the recommendations to guide the design, implementation, and management of the identified solution. Translates functional business objectives and critical success factors into technology solutions.
- Creates high level and detailed project plans to meet project requirements.
- Writes technical solution for Statements of Work.
- Establishes parameters for solution configuration, testing, and debugging. Investigates and resolves problems on systems or applications for multiple infrastructure platforms referred by less experience staff.
- Develops test plans to ensure all systems are tested and perform according to the specifications.
- Develops, installs, maintains and supports technical infrastructure, hardware and systems software components.
- Performs root case analysis for service interruption recovery
- Assist other infrastructure functional areas
- Support and maintain our customer's Microsoft Server environments to match best practices.
- Provide on-site support and consultation
- Create and respond to service tickets. Manage activities and time through internal IT system.
- Responsible for customer's Windows/ MAC server/desktop environments including virtualization (VMware & Hyper-V).
- Office 365, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Azure, Private, & Public Cloud Migrations
- Installation, configuration, setup, and support of Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, and IIS.
- Recommend system improvements as needed.
- Liaise with internal team members, various other groups and external vendors.
- Assessments, audits, documentation, and occasional training.
- Deliver IT projects to customer's satisfaction with minimal management.
- Ensure safety of data through security and backup measures.
- ConnectWise PSA experience highly desired
- Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools such as Labtech or similar
- LAN and other industry analysis tools
- Responsible for support of all server (rack, floor, chassis / blades) equipment (HP, Dell, IBM, and others) infrastructure equipment including network hardware. Setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and support / maintenance for servers, storage (NAS & SAN) network technologies& protocols, routers, wireless access points, switches, and firewalls. Thorough Understanding of LAN / WAN topologies, and knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP/BOOTP and TCP/IP addressing. Diagnosing a problem or solving issues that cause a minor or major outage under a time restraint is possible so troubleshooting is a necessary skill to have. Communication in these types of situations is critical as the customer needs to be updated constantly along with management.
- Desktop - Overall knowledge includes but not limited to: Desktop PCs (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 & MAC), laptops, servers, printers, Smartphones (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), CDROM/DVD and burners, memory, others as new products are approved for use Software Support for all licensed software, installing and troubleshooting all software "Break-Fix" issues. Overall knowledge of all current site-licensed software including (but not limited to): Operating Systems - Windows & MAC.
- Applications - Working Knowledge of Office 365, Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016, Active Directory, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, Terminal Services (RDP), IIS Server, & SQL Server is a must! MS Office Suites, MS Project, Visio, Outlook, Fax software/hardware, Anti-Virus/malware/SPAM products, Adobe Products - Acrobat Reader/Writer, QuickBooks. Vast experience with VMWare and Hyper V. Knowledge of Backup Exec and Cloud backup (offsite solutions). Knowledge of Mac and Windows working in a mixed environment.
*Technology Vendors Utilized: Dell Servers/Switches/Storage, HP, VMWare, Microsoft, SonicWall, Lenovo, Android, & Apple / MAC
To be considered for an interview, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We are a technology company (Business to Business IT, Managed, & Cloud Services) focusing on business solutions. With many years of experience, we are dedicated to provide full consultation and implementation of high quality products and services at competitive prices backed by highly trained, motivated personnel. We aim to be business solution providers and not just IT guys. Reseller for companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, and HP
Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:46:15 PDT