Advanced Support Specialist - Software
User Services provides a central source of support for all Saint Leo University customers and users of information technology resources. The primary objective for the Advanced Support Specialist - Software is to provide software support to all university computing devices and user communities. With direction from the Endpoint Support Manager, the Advanced Support Specialist - Software ensures client workstations receive software packages that are created, tested, updated and are aligned with the Saint Leo "Approved Product List", while also acting as an escalation point for internally created software solutions for all Saint Leo University end users.
The Advanced Support Specialist - Software is responsible for the creation, testing, updates and management of packaged software for the University. The Advanced Support Specialist - Software is also responsible for ensuring that advanced operational support of custom configured applications and escalations are completed in accordance with service level agreement(s). The incumbent will oversees software standard and delivery to the many devices at University campus and all education centers across the enterprise.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client Software packaging.
- Client Software distribution
- In-house created application access.
- Advanced operational support of developed applications
- Maintaining software inventories, licensing and utilization metrics
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Desktop and laptop hardware and software troubleshooting across multiple hardware manufacturers and operating systems.
- Superior knowledge of Altiris Endpoint Management, DeepFreeze, software packaging, scripting Active Directory, Group Policies, and patch management.
- Superior telephone communication and customer service skills. Client/server enterprise infrastructures.
- Experience supporting and interacting with multiple vendors (i.e. Software Vendors, Outsource Vendors).
- High level understanding of available and emerging technologies.
- Significant exposure to industry best practices and ITIL/ITSM methodologies.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or higher level degree).
- Support certification or two (2) or more years of progressively responsible experience and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- CompTIA A+, MCP or higher technical certification, preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Long periods of standing and squatting may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1517
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo