Director-Admissions and Recruitment
Department: Enrollment Management & Admissions
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jun 26, '17
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Responsible for the providing leadership and management to the Admissions staff. The Director oversees the day to day admissions operation. Develops and Implements innovative student recruitment strategies for the College. Builds collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, the community and stakeholders.
- Provides daily leadership and management to the Admissions staff;
- Oversees the daily functions of the Admissions office;
- Collaborates with other departments/divisions to carry out the philosophy of a student-centered institution within an integrated enrollment services environment;
- Develops recruitment plans and goals in partnership with academic program leaders, division leaders and administration;
- Utilizes admission and other relevant data for decision-making, and produces reports as requested;
- Develops and maintains clear communication plans that span every stage of the admissions funnel-inquiry to accepted students;
- Oversees the timely and accurate processing of students to the College from the point of initial contact through enrollment;
- Works closely with the Integrated Marketing & Communications department on the design and timing of admissions materials for recruiting;
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Student Central and staff to ensure students receive high quality, integrated services;
- Maintains and promotes relationships with feeder area high schools, and community partners; and
- Hires, trains, supervise and evaluate Admissions staff.
- Master's degree;
- Minimum of five years of experience managing Admissions, preferably in a college community;
- Experience in developing and implementing of recruitment plans;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively about the enrollment management process;
- Experience work with Student Information and CRM Systems, knowledge of Colleague and Hobsons preferred;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- Demonstrated experience working with community organizations to promote admissions activities;
- Demonstrated success in leading teams to reach established goals; and
- Experience with data reporting and analysis for enrollment management decision-making.
Salary Range: $85,000.00-$95,000.00
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By July 26, 2017.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.