Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Scheduling Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 04/27/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Registrar, the Scheduling Analyst oversees all aspects of classroom scheduling. The incumbent evaluates all classroom requests ensuring that the campus meets the UC system wide requirement of a 67% classroom utilization ratio and independently determines what consideration for special requirements should be taken into account. The Scheduling Analyst helps manage Learning Community development and ongoing coordination with Learning Community Coordinators and academic departments. Frequent interaction with faculty, staff, and all levels of the University community which requires interpretation of academic scheduling policies and ensuring all regulations and policies are followed is essential.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to identify reports needed to help with proofing section data and utilize reports to improve the accuracy of the class schedule.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments.
Experience using complex databases.
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures. Utilizes excellent constituent service skills with all interactions.
Ability to apply working knowledge of policies to individual situations in a diverse learning community.
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Problem identification and critical thinking skills.
Written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills.
Ability to work effectively in a busy fast paced environment with heavy volume of work and constant interruptions.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of common University- specific computer application programs and productivity software.
Working knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
Knowledge of specialized registrar core functions (e.g., degree requirements, special enrollment, veterans' benefits, and residency).
Working knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with student records services.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview