CWTS Instructional Designer
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
Kempe Center for Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect
CWTS Instructional Designer (Communication Senior Professional)
Position #732649 - Requisition 09156
The Kempe Center for Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) CWTS Instructional Designer (Communication Senior Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The State of Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS), contracts with the Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, to serve as the Central Management Organization (CMO) for Colorado's Child Welfare Training System (CWTS).
The mission of the CWTS is to provide competency-based learning opportunities for Colorado's children, youth, and family serving personnel - by designing, developing, and delivering educational opportunities, through a regionalized structure. Duties will include: Instructional design, adult education, educational program needs assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation and delivering educational opportunities, through a regionalized structure.
- Exercises discretion and manages the design and development of innovative, dynamic, engaging, culturally inclusive online and classroom trainings.
- Applies advanced analytical skills in order to design and develop web-based training libraries and course shells to streamline ongoing design and development projects and track needs and resources.
- Innovatively develops graphic marketing materials for specific learning and communication products and projects.
- Manages the creation of engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances transfer of learning and learning retention, autonomously and with great accountability.
- Directs, with discretion, subject matter experts to identify the learning needs of target audiences.
- Articulates instructional end goals and design content and methods that exceed expectations.
- Visualizes, innovates and explains instructional graphics, user interfaces and the finished products.
- Autonomously manages instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Systems or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years' experience designing adult education materials for the classroom and online instruction.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- A Master's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Systems or other similar field from an accredited institution with 2-4 years of specific experience in designing adult education materials for in-person and online instruction.
- Experience creating content that can be applied in the field of child welfare; in collaboration with subject matter experts, stakeholders and team members.
- Experience creating effective evaluation methods and tools that foster learner development by providing opportunities to demonstrate their mastery of the learning goals.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Possess interdisciplinary knowledge, cross-cultural competency, as well as commitment and passion for learning and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply research to boast good analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information from various sources.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Kasey Matz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION MATERIALS: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Apr 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kasey Matz
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732649