Sr Instructor/Master Teacher
The UCCSTeach program in the College of Education at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs seeks a Senior Instructor/Master Teacher for the UCCSTeach teacher preparation program for secondary math and science students. This is a 12-month, non-tenure track position. This position will teach, supervise, and mentor pre-service teachers seeking mathematics or science licensure.
A statement of teaching philosophy is required as part of the application.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Master's degree in education, mathematics, science or closely related field
- Minimum of three years of secondary level (grades 6-12) mathematics or science teaching experience
- Valid US teaching license or certificate
- Outstanding teaching ability demonstrated by teaching awards, letters of commendation or other recognition of the candidates teaching abilities
- Working knowledge of standards based K-12 curriculum and performance based teacher education
- Doctoral degree
- Ten years of secondary mathematics or science teaching (grades 6-12)
- Experience delivering teacher professional development as evidenced by workshops and presentations
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, including university officials, teachers, students, school district administration, business leaders, state and national leaders
- Experience teaching disadvantaged youth
- Experience in school and district level committees and leadership roles
- Active in teacher professional organizations
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess deep content knowledge in mathematics or science
- Ability to mentor pre-service teacher candidates
- Extensive knowledge of school district mathematics/science curriculum, policies and procedures
- Understand what new teachers face and need
- Provide connections with school district teachers and administrators
- Share expertise with pre and in service teachers
- Exemplary communication skills
- Recognized as educational leaders, master teachers will model problem-based learning acquired from years of successful teaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications submitted by July 9, 2017 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40251 - UCCS Teach
Posting Date: Jun 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Patrick McGuire
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00460117