Pre-College Programs Health Manager
-Must be an adult and one of the following:
- A physician licensed by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners to practice medicine or osteopathy.
- A registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, licensed by the New Jersey Board of Nursing
- An individual who is certified in advanced first aid, paramedic or emergency medical technician or first responder/CIM accredited by a certification agency approved by the NJ Department of Health as listed in "Recognized Certifications (CPR-First Aid- Lifeguarding-Trained Pool operator)"
- Or an Athletic Trainer that has a valid certification from the Board of Certification
-Applicants must hold a certification from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or other certification agency approved by the NJ Department of Health as listed in "Recognized Certifications (CPR-First Aid- Lifeguarding-Trained Pool operator)"
-Must be available to work one of the On-Call shifts:
- Weekday Shift: Monday through Friday 8AM-6PM
- Weeknight Shift: Monday through Thursday 6PM-8AM
- Weekend Shift: Friday 6PM - Monday 8AM
- Collaborate with on campus Health Center to ensure that individual health care needs are met for all program participants.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to NJ state and American Camp Association Standards
- Review ACA and NJ Camp standards protocol and requirements
- Prepare and utilize a daily medical log for treatment
- Oversee first aid procedures and supplies
- Responsible for administrating basic first-aid services to participants
- Ensure supplies are well stocked
- Responsible for on-call duty
- Escort participants to and from emergency room and/or off-site physician's office if needed.
- Report all emergencies to the Director of Pre-College Programs as soon as possible.
- Responsible for communicating with participant parents/guardians concerning the status of their child's health by telephone.
- Requires flexibility and maturity
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREADMIS SUMMER PROG
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.