Graduate Assistant - Physical Therapy
Job Category Graduate Assistantship
Posting Number M00728
Department Physical Therapy
Reports To Chair, DPT Program
Point of Contact Rebecca Barnes
Marymount Graduate Students enrolled in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program in their second year who are taking at least 6 graduate credits each semester are invited to apply for a part-time (1/3) Graduate Assistantship position in the Physical Therapy Department.
The position begins in fall semester and continues through the end of the spring semester. A 1/3 Graduate Assistant in Physical Therapy works 7 hours per week during each semester providing PT Lab and Administrative Support as assigned.
The PT 1/3 GA receives a waiver of $4738 tuition each semester ($9476 total for the year).
Interviews for the position begin in March 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
- Accepted into Marymount as a graduate student in Physical Therapy.
- Must be a Second Year DPT student.
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits each semester of the assistantship.
- 3.0 GPA
Academic record and community/professional service will be considered in decision-making.
Special Notes to Applicants
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university's location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nation's capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Percent of total time 100
Responsibility / Duty
PT labs, tutoring and administrative support, as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently or will you be a second year in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program by Fall 2017?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credits each semester of the assistantship?
- * Do you have at least a 3.0 GPA?
- * Have you been accepted into Marymount as a graduate student in Physical Therapy?
- Cover Letter