General Manager - High Profile Corporate Dining
Patina Restaurant Group(PRG) is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre, and performance. PRG operates some of the most exciting restaurants in the world. From Michelin-starred Lincoln Ristorante at the Lincoln Center to Brasserie in the Seagram Building to the Roof Top Grill at the Hollywood Bowl to Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall to the Sea Grill in Rockefeller Center-our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
The General Manager will oversee the overall corporate dining operation. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human capital. The General Manager will also be responsible for fostering the relationship with the client, personnel management, making purchasing decisions, and leading and developing a team of successful restaurant managers. The General Manager will be accountable for the financial performance of the unit.
Client Relationship / Guest Service
- Ensures all guests consistently receive courteous and efficient service from all team members.
- Responds positively and quickly to client concerns and complaints
- Anticipate client's needs via suggestions & recommendations
- Corrects potential problems before they affect customers.
- Promotes efficient, seamless and outstanding customer service.
- Ensure client's goals and expectations are met at all times
- Schedule and attend ongoing operational meetings and quarterly financial meetings, with client.
- Attend all the client scheduled meetings (pre-conference etc.) and daily operational meetings as requested by client.
- Determines staffing requirements and increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, ensuring new Team Members are properly oriented and trained, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers.
- Communicates values strategies, and objectives; assigns accountabilities
- Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Continuously improving he skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; creating a positive environment that results in stable retention and reduction of labor turnover
- Promoting a climate for offering information and opinion
- Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
Event & Meeting Planning
- Manage all order details via BEO including pricing, purchasing, scheduling, billing, invoicing and all changes related to each function as well as producing final contracts.
- Manage event revenue ledger weekly, assist with basic bookkeeping and data entry and provide all financial details accounting (credit card spending audits, invoicing, bill-paying, budget planning and managing). Budget planning and managing
- Manage all event details: external caterers, staffing, linen & equipment procurement
- Supervise on-site special events and daily service
- Manage external caterer relationship
- Ensure all areas where food is kept are restocked (refrigerators, conference room cabinets etc).
Policies and Legal and Safety Obligations
- Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
- Establishes and implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Reviews financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Prepares and manages unit's forecasts and budgets to control costs and maximize EBITDA.
- Satisfies sales and finance division requirements through adherence of budgets, policies, procedures, and quality of our product and service standards.
- Communication with Other Departments
- Plans and directs marketing initiatives coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Review marketing plans and activities with team members on a regular basis to promote information sharing and ensure proper execution of in-store promotions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Manager in a full service, high volume restaurant
- Managing special events & catering experience a plus
- Culinary or hospitality degree a plus
- Impeccable service standards and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume atmosphere.
- Professional demeanor and polished appearance with the ability to interact with patrons and all types of team members.
- Proven ability to lead others and positively influence employee behavior.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Competitive compensation package
• Major medical insurance options
• Dental, Vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation
• Matching 401K program
• Company Dining program
Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service we deliver. With approximately 70 locations in New York and Los Angeles, PRG offers a fast paced and dynamic environment in which to shine. More than just an equal opportunity employer, PRG enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criterion for considering new team members.
Santa Monica, CA
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 13:33:49 PDT