RESEARCH SPECIALIST B
Duties: We are seeking a highly motivated Research Specialist to:
- Perform DNA isolation, PCR, mutation detection in human disease associated genes, Quantitative & Real-Time PCR analysis for gene dosage and expression level analysis.
- Perform routine Sanger sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques
- Perform analysis of sequencing data, including variant classification and mosaic analysis.
- Support molecular assay development and optimization.
- Apply technical skills to conduct laboratory work independently and efficiently and according to good laboratory practice
Qualifications: - Degree in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or a related Biological Science discipline and 1 to 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience with Molecular Biology assays such as DNA gel electrophoresis, DNA and RNA isolation, Real-Time PCR, Sanger sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing desired.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, MacVector, Filemaker Pro and additional knowledge about computer programs that involve analysis of next-generation sequencing data would be a plus.
Reference Number: 40-26198
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research