Medical Office Coordinator
Working Title: Medical Office Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Posting Date: 06-26-2017
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases is seeking a Medical Office Coordinator. The incumbent is a point of contact for HIV/AIDS patients and is responsible for providing patient access to medical services, support services, and educational resources. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that the patient access team files meet HRSA and VDH auditing standards and medical case management performance measures meet HRSA quality standards. Incumbent works closely with the Ryan White Case Management Team and the Clinic's Hospital Social Worker.
Qualified candidate must have a high school diploma and two years' related experience assisting with coordination of patient services in the area of healthcare and social services is required. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is also required. A Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Nursing or a related field is preferred. Experience with Medicaid/Medicare insurance and working with the indigent population is preferred. Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and a working knowledge of A2K3, EPIC and CAREWare software is also preferred.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to prepare reports.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to interpret policy and procedures.
5. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
6. Ability to manage several competing activities simultaneously.
7. Ability to assist and train other coordinators within the office on policies and procedures.
8. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
9. Knowledge of medical terminology.
10. Knowledge of EPIC, A2K3, CareWare and Microsoft Office systems.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82165