GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general supervision of the Manager or designee, the Electrician maintains records, installs, repairs, modifies and maintains electrical systems and equipment. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain records and pertinent data
- Maintain spare parts inventory and anticipating future needs
- Update preventive maintenance procedures
- Ensure materials and equipment requirements are at site to complete work in an efficient manner
- Installs, repairs, modifies, and maintains electrical distribution equipment fixtures, control equipment, conduit and wiring.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain all electrical distribution systems including high and low voltage, motors, generators, transformers, regulators, wiring switches, alarm systems, and control equipment
- Conform with codes, rules, regulations, and safety standards associated with the trade
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections or installed equipment or systems to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocations or replacement, and repair equipment or systems as required
- Use electrical testing equipment as required such as ammeters, oscilloscopes and testing lamps
- May exercise functional supervision and instruction of others in installation and maintenance methods
- While in the performance of routine duties; may be required, as needed to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification; where the work or task does not require a specific license.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must possess current Massachusetts Electrical License
- 3 years working experience as a licensed Electrician
- Thorough knowledge of methods, tools, and practices used in the electrical trade
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions particular to the trade
- Ability to travel to off-site locations