Senior Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2017-7421
Department Prn Inst F/T Sci & Tech of Mat
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 5 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Institute for the Science and Technology (PRISM) Micro and Nanofabrication laboratory (MNFL) is looking for qualified candidates with interest in microfabrication and/or nanofabrication process engineering
The MNFL is Princeton's central, shared use clean room facility and houses a large complement of tools dedicated to hard and soft materials fabrication, packaging and processing across all length scales.
Successful candidates will participate in a multidisciplinary research and education environment utilizing a wide range of instrumentation available in the MNFL. The specialists will fill various roles on the team and provide key support, maintenance, and guidance to researchers in the fabrication, packaging, deposition, patterning, etching, metrology, and processing of complex hard and soft materials.
Other responsibilities include mentoring and training students/researchers, facilitating research projects by suggesting process improvements, troubleshooting tool problems, communicating with vendors, writing internal documentation for tools and processes, and establishing and maintaining baseline facility processes.
The position level will be determined based on experience and education.
Minimum of bachelor's degree in natural sciences or engineering and/or 5+ year's work related experience is required.
- Substantial hands-on experience in one or more of the MNFL technology areas including photolithography, nanolithography, metrology, physical vapor deposition, chemical vapor deposition, pattern transfer, or microfluidics and soft materials processing.
- Specialists will support the MNFL daily operation, and would be responsible for maintenance of equipment in addition to their interactions with users.
- Experience in the daily maintenance and operation of instruments.
- Excellent communication skills are required to work and interface with all users of the facility.
- In addition, familiarity with lab management software or tool login control is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume documenting their experience and skill set, and a list of 3 or more references.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.