Asst Dir-Annual Giving
Working Title Asst Dir-Annual Giving
We are currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Director-Annual Giving. Under the supervision of the Director of Alumni Advancement, the position will exercise professional fundraising and decision-making skills as part of an energetic team.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will support all activities involved with the growth of annual support to the institution by development, implementing and maintaining annual giving programs that cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts from alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of EWU.
Primary areas of responsibility include: Direct mail and email solicitation, online annual giving programs/communication and promotion, individual annual campaign management and marketing and donor/campaign data management related to responsible areas.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
The majority of employment is Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. However, there will be periodic expectations to work nights and weekends on a monthly basis depending on campaign and event needs.
This position requires a lot of desk time. However, there will be a limited amount of physical activity.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.
- Must have 3+ years marketing or solicitation writing experience and provide a sample of your work.
- Must have 3+ years professional experience utilizing online tools to communicate, market or manage brand messaging.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Must possess exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team to accomplish goals.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have 1+ year professional experience managing and/or creating online content.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience working in annual giving
- Experience working in a telefund environment
- Experience creating and/or managing an online giving environment
- Experience reviewing and analyzing donation or sales data for report delivery
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a valid drivers license and the ability to work nights/weekends and travel, as required.