Sr. Software Engineer
Do you want to code the future of one of the largest consumer robots company in the world? You will have a hand in developing the next generation of products that will live in millions of homes all across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by empowering people to do more.
As a member of the team, you will be developing software for use in a variety of autonomous robotic systems. Working on a cross functional product development team, your primary responsibilities will be the design, implementation, and test of embedded software for consumer robots.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
Our Connectivity Software Engineering Team is expanding and we're looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We're looking for someone with great interpersonal skills, passion, energy, and the desire to build.
- Design, implement, and test embedded software for use in a variety of mobile robot platforms.
- Pro-actively write software documentation.
- Participate in and drive code reviews.
- Actively participate in daily or weekly team meetings.
- At least a BS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with Embedded Linux.
- Strong understanding of C/C++ programming language fundamentals.
- Knowledge of design patterns and data structures.
- Capable of solving complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Proactive, self-directing, and good at estimating own work.
- Track record of performing at a high level, delivering robust solutions on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to explain and defend own work.
- Experience with Mobile App Development as a hobby would be helpful in this role
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Comfortable with scripting languages like Python
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 15 million robots and employ more than 500 of the robot industry's best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
We are a "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled"
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 08:14:47 PDT