JOB NO.: 91215-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Web Design/Development, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91215-AS
Working Title: SharePoint Administrator
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related field. Masters Degree preferred. Coursework in enterprise architecture is strongly desired.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. High level of proficiency in the administration of an enterprise Microsoft SharePoint platform, specifically SharePoint 2013 including installation, high-availability backups, the management and configuration of applications, and troubleshooting.
2. Thorough knowledge of SharePoint authentication and the integration of office clients with SharePoint.
3. Knowledge SharePoint administration with PowerShell, branding, and the implementation of workflows using SharePoint Designer.
4. Ability to interface with faculty, researchers, administrative staff, as well as technical personnel.
5. Thorough knowledge of secure server configuration practices.
6. Strong customer relation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will work in the Wisconsin Center for Education Research's (WCER) Technical Services
Department and will be responsible for developing and maintaining large and complex SharePoint platform for education research activities and data. The candidate will act as a consultant to faculty and research staff recommending appropriate implementations of SharePoint technology for funded research specific education projects. The candidate will provide on premise SharePoint support on an enterprise-level Windows 2012 network. The candidate will provide this support through direct effort on externally funded initiatives housed at Wisconsin Center for Education Research (WCER).
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Rick Gross, resume, and provide contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 26 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 24 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time