Director of User Support Services
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Departmental management and staff supervision
- Ongoing assessment and development of organizational and staff capabilities
- Analysis and recommendation of support strategies and standards that achieve best-in-class / exemplary status
- Active engagement and communication with organizational and stakeholder groups to convey news and events related to issues and initiatives, while simultaneously gathering feedback and recommendations for improvements and enhancements to service and support
- Identification and implementation of technologies, systems, and information resources that promote excellence in both place-based as well as virtual / web-based user service
- Development of service level agreements (SLAs), performance standards, and policies; management of outcomes to ensure consistent compliance with these rubrics
- Establishment, utilization, and publication of analytics concerning service delivery and continuous improvement
- Coordination and provision of service excellence for the Tier 1 / Tier 2 / Tier 3 triage, root-cause analysis, escalation, and incident resolution cycle
- Building of strong client relationships and alignment of departmental priorities, strategies, and resources with the Institute's mission and goals
- Provisioning and supervision of formal quality assurance for new technologies and information systems prior to implementation in a production environment
- Ensuring that all aspects of the user experience with technology at Stevens is characterized by excellence.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in information technology, with broad experience across a number of areas (e.g. systems, networking, personal computing) and with advanced and current technological experience in at least one of these areas
- Bachelor's degree required, with a strong preference for the degree in a field closely allied field; Master's degree preferred
- Excellent collaborator, communicator, team-builder, and leader
- Capable of working in a fast-paced /dynamic environment and of managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Commitment to excellent customer service, including a user-centric service ethic
- Previous professional experience in a higher education environment is strongly preferred, including significant experience working with faculty and students
- Significant professional experience and knowledge in a production environment with a majority of technologies.
Division of Information Technology
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police