Marketing Coordinator & Media Specialist
Reporting to the Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Communications, the marketing coordinator and media specialist is the campus leader in advancing the Fort Valley State University (FVSU) brand in addition to developing and executing integrated marketing strategies to promote university initiatives, including enrollment, fundraising, events, and athletics. The persons who holds this position will be responsible for growing the number of applications submitted, increasing donor support, increasing event attendance, and elevating the overall visibility of the university in local communities and target audience environments. The marketing specialist position requires an advanced understanding of data-driven decision-making, media buying, advertising design and writing, internet analytics, social media, and branding, among other areas. This position requires extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, along with budgeting, analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage marketing plans that use various marketing tools to support the recruitment and enrollment of traditional and non-traditional undergraduate and students, including students who enroll in online courses.
- Serve as campus leader in an ongoing analysis of target markets and the competitive landscape.
- Employ statistical tactics and data collection to forecast the results of marketing operations, including an exploration of various alternative strategies.
- Develop and promote key university messaging in accordance with the university's mission and values.
- Design strategies to promote and safeguard the FVSU brand, overseeing the design of university signage, establishing standards, and developing quality controls.
- Track and frequently report, both quantitatively and narratively, on the outcomes of marketing activities.
- Develop and control budgets and use return on investment measures to illustrate the value of expenditures.
- Create concepts for print, radio, television, out of home, and online advertising design and narrative copy including storyboarding and mock design development, though vendors may be used for final design and verbiage.
- Develop strategies to enhance the effectiveness of events in promoting university marketing and branding priorities, including signage, script-writing, staging, materials design, messaging, audio and video elements, and overall audience experience. This will include both involvement in recurring events and the proactive creation of new events.
- Serve as project manager for marketing material development and marketing plan execution, including the creation and management of timelines, communications channels, team assignments, and other related project management activities.
- Purchase advertising space and facilitate the creation and traffic of ads.
- Implement analytical tools to track website usage and effectiveness in meeting marketing goals.
- Develop strategies and materials to support internal campus departmental goals, including campus event audience development, awareness of student programs, support and guidance for student clubs and organizations, staff and faculty engagement in campus activities, and awareness of important deadlines and initiatives.
- In concert with the fundraising operation, develop strategies to engage alumni and small donors and cultivate large-dollar donors.
- Design direct marketing campaigns to identify prospects for enrollment and fundraising outreach, including list purchasing, overseeing materials design and production, online and postal distribution plans, messaging, response device development, and response rate reporting, and ongoing tracking of respondent engagement activities.
- Identify, contract, and manage freelance vendors, including writers, designers, photographers, technology experts, and media buyers.
- Assemble and lead teams of campus personnel in order to facilitate collaboration and university-wide consensus on marketing activities.
- Identify and highlight best practices in higher education marketing and in the marketing field in general.
- Identify and participate in ongoing training to stay fluent in contemporary marketing knowledge and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
- Minimum of three years' experience working in marketing, advertising, or related field roles
- Solid understanding of website content management system functionality, especially Wordpress
- Advanced ability to use statistics and analytics for decision-making and reporting
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience in developing reports and making presentations
- Demonstrated experience creating content with digital design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign
- Demonstrated experience using camera equipment to take photos and to record video
- Demonstrating experience using software to edit video
- Master's degree in marketing or related field
- Experience leading marketing projects in higher education
- Experience working in an agency or corporate environment
- Website coding skills
- Travel may be required for training, presentations, and recruiting support
- May require working beyond normal working hours as business needs dictate
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs
- Normal hand dexterity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.