Assistant Professor of Health and Physical Education, 10-month non-tenure track
Fort Valley State University is currently accepting applications for a 10-month, non-tenure track appointment for an Assistant Professor of Health and Physical Education in the College of Education. This individual would prepare teacher candidates to become HPE teachers and assist in the preparation for state/nationally-mandated assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Possibly serve in a leadership role for the Health and Physical Education Department.
- Teach major and activity courses in a face-to-face, blended, and/or online format.
- Serve on and chair research and other committees.
- Perform service and administrative tasks necessary to ensure excellence in educator preparation at Fort Valley State University.
- Observe candidates in lab schools.
- Use Livetext as an instructional platform, preferably.
- Analyze data to inform instruction.
- Assist with writing state-mandated reports.
- Supervise student teachers/internships
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, academic advising, and collaborative curriculum development.
- Serve on departmental, school, and university committees.
- Have active membership in relevant professional associations/organizations related to Physical Education majors.
- Provide local, state, and national service to the public schools and to the profession.
- Work closely with faculty in related academic disciplines.
- Specialist or higher required in Health and Physical Education.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience teaching Physical Education in k-12 schools.
- Holds a teaching certificate in Health & Physical Education.
- Ability to clearly articulate a strong scholarly agenda.
- Strong digital/computer literacy knowledge.
- Online teaching experience and interest in learning new technological skills preferred
- Experience in a higher-education health and physical education program.
- Regular office environment, climate controlled
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume/CV, copies of unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.