Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations-Health Sciences
Reporting directly to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will be expected to develop and maintain a portfolio of active corporate and/or foundation prospects, and prioritize and execute strategies for solicitation of these prospects. This individual will also be expected to work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with other potential donors. While the Associate Director will take a leadership role in the corporate and foundation relations activities of all colleges, schools and departments within Rowan University he/she will have a primary focus on the health sciences. As such, he/she will be expected to work in a collegial manner with the University Advancement team, the SVP for Health Sciences, and medical school faculty and administrators in creating and implementing strategies for cultivation, solicitation and closure, and achieve annual fundraising and activity goals.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects, with a focus on the health sciences, and actively cultivates these organizations.
- Solicits major gifts from corporate and foundation sources, traveling as necessary to do so.
- Writes and assists others in writing complex proposals, stewardship reports, high-level briefings, collateral materials and other correspondence related to corporate and foundation fund raising.
- Monitors developments within the institution's programs to identify opportunities to engage prospects and grow proposals.
- Strategizes with internal constituencies for positioning initiatives for funding opportunities.
- Supports the faculty, College Deans, Senior Vice President for Health Sciences, Provost, President, and other university administration as appropriate, in prospect development and solicitation.
- Conducts workshops to provide information about corporate and foundation relations to internal constituents interested in seeking external funding.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- One year of experience or education in fundraising or a related field such as marketing, sales, creative writing, journalism, or non-profit management.
- Understanding of the nature of corporate and foundation philanthropy as it relates to higher education and the health sciences.
- Proven skills in researching and analyzing a variety of reference materials in order to compile, evaluate and disseminate data on corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Experience in preparing fundraising proposals.
- An understanding of budget preparation principles and practices related to restricted funding.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the critical role of corporate and foundation support in ensuring the success of the teaching, research, and outreach mission of the university to diverse groups of constituents.
- Ability to determine best approaches to develop and maintain effective relationships with corporate and/or foundation partners and determine when and how a corporation or foundation can be successfully solicited for a gift.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to and understand the needs and interests of corporations and foundations in order to develop relationships between them and the university.
- Ability to promote the University’s fundraising and strategic priorities by developing excellent working relationships with faculty, outreach directors, and the university's administration, Career Services, Office of Sponsored Programs, alumni, senior corporate executives, industry campus liaisons, and foundation program officers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of confidence and comfort in making presentations before diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful direct experience in corporate and foundation relations for a higher education institution, especially focused on a medical school or the health sciences.
To Apply:To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and other application materials on the Rowan University Careers at the University site: http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=5471284
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.