Single Subject Full-Time Faculty Position (F100)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Full-time Faculty Position in Department of Teacher Education (possibility of combining with Program Director appointment)
Position Tracking Number: F100
School/College: School of Education
Department: Teacher Education
Location: Azusa, CA
This is a full-time faculty position in the Department of Teacher Education. The Department of Teacher Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE - transitioning to CAEP) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, all programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
Single Subject Credential content area(s)
Duties include teaching educational foundations, methodology, advanced, and diversity courses, clinical supervision of student teachers, providing support for faith integration across the curriculum, having an on-going professional research agenda, and active participation in service to the University through committee participation at the program, School and/or University level as well as service to the broader professional community. Active participation in the California Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) at the program, School, and professional community levels is required. Maintains ongoing connection and collaboration with the California Council for Teacher Education (CCTE) and other relevant professional education organizations.
If being considered for Program Director: Candidate must have prior fulltime higher education teaching experience in a similar program. The program director will be responsible for recruiting and admissions, curricular updates and alignment with accreditation standards, course scheduling, and student advising. The teaching load is reduced to accommodate units reassigned for administrative duties.
Level: Rank commensurate with qualifications.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a "Statement of Faith," available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook)
- Single Subject teaching credential (K-12) from any US state is required
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in education or a related field. A practitioner with 15+ years related K-12 experience, but without a doctorate can be considered
- Demonstrated commitment to professional and scholarly activity (e.g., grant writing, scholarly publications, and conference presentations)
- An established record of success in serving linguistically and ethnically diverse populations
- Demonstration of collegial teamwork, desire to collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the Department of Teacher Education
- Willingness to travel to regional campuses
- Public school teaching experience serving K-12 students in cross-cultural, single subject settings
- Experience in mentoring-supervision of candidates in multicultural settings
- Successful graduate level teaching experience in online or blended environments is recommended
Full-time faculty, 11-month, one-year renewable contract. The typical teaching assignment includes teaching, scholarly activity, service, clinical supervision, and campus committee assignments.
If being considered for Program Director: Workload for Program Director position would be full-time faculty, 12-month, one-year renewable contract. Workload would include typical teaching assignment responsibilities of teaching, scholarly activity, service, clinical supervision, and campus committee assignments, as well as administrative duties relating to the oversight and management of teacher education programs.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
Hire Date: Open until Filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Application Procedure: To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.