Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Planning and Implementation
Lafayette College is an independent, highly selective, coeducational institution of approximately 2,500 students. Lafayette is located in the city of Easton which is located about 70 miles west of New York City and 60 miles north of Philadelphia.
The Special Assistant to the President for Strategic Planning and Implementation will report to the President of the College. This new position in the President’s Office is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, skilled, and meticulously organized individual to provide support to the President. The Special Assistant must be an effective problem solver and a self-starter with a demonstrated background in providing executive support in a fast-paced environment.
- Serves as the program manager and project lead for the approved strategic direction working closely with the President and members of Cabinet.
- Collaborates and communicates with vice presidents, as well as other individuals in leadership positions to provide operational and consultative assistance on a variety of initiatives.
- Produces documents, reports, and proposals, responds to inquiries, and provides detailed information to constituents.
- Coordinates plan implementation; develops metrics and annual reports.
- Supports projects and programs regarding the College’s strategic planning and coordinates flow of information across various campus constituencies.
- Responds to relevant correspondence in the Office of the President.
- Gathers and analyzes information regarding strategic planning activities and progress.
- Assists with the implementation of short-term strategies and long-range plans.
- Researches background information regarding best practices in the implementation of strategic planning initiatives.
- Identifies appropriate data sources and interprets data surrounding progress on strategic initiatives.
- Assists with coordinating other special projects as assigned.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and at least four (4) years of relevant professional experience. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills including attention to detail.
- Experience in establishing, developing, and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products and demonstrated proficiency in software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project. Experience with Banner a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and budgets simultaneously under tight time lines, and working individually and as a team.
- Strong judgment and organizational skills necessary to address, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects, problems, and activities concurrently.
- Ability to anticipate needs and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and follow-through.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High proficiency in research, planning, and problem resolution.
APPLICATION: Submit a cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of three references http://apply.interfolio.com/42792.