Dean of the School of Business, Management, and Technology / Assistant/Associate Professor
Dean of the School of Business, Management, and Technology/Assistant/Associate Professor
Dean of the School of Business, Management, and Technology/ Assistant/Associate Professor
Full Benefits Package
June 23, 2017
Until position is filled
The Dean reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and is responsible for the administration of the School. The Dean will oversee the departments of Business Administration and Sport Management, Computer Information System, and Extended Studies.
- To act as a leader by providing vision and scope for the total academic School through the design and application of connectivity among all Departments and areas in the respective School.
- To design a student recruitment and retention plan for the School and to participate actively in the Enrollment Management process.
- To work in collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Institutional Advancement to seek external funding and resources through proposal writing, contract negotiation and gifts, and to develop meaningful relationships with the University’s and School external publics.
- To assist the Provost in the formulation and administration of instructional policies.
- To confer with the Provost and the appropriate Department Chairpersons concerning the selection of faculty members in the School.
- To represent the Departments within the School in the significant relations between the Departments and the Office of the Provost, and to represent the School in all matters that are of concern to all Departments within the School.
- To see that a course outline is prepared for each course offered in the School and that these outlines are kept up-to-date; to furnish leadership for the School faculty in developing sound instruction for all of the courses within the School; to initiate recommendations to the Curriculum Council concerning the requirements for majors and minors which cut across the Departmental boundaries; to plan the program of course offerings within the School in cooperation with the Chairperson of each Department; to acquaint himself/herself, through the study of course outlines and other means, with the content of all courses offered within the School; and to recommend to the Provost the annual course offerings and teaching assignments in the Division.
- To determine the funding needs of the Division to present to the Office of the Financial Officer upon approval by the Provost.
- To supervise the preparation, submission and update of catalog, web pages, recruiting and advising materials for the School.
- To design the School’s budget and to monitor, allocate and approve all School expenditures.
- To preside at School meetings. Schools should meet together at least once every month. Additional meetings of all Schools personnel should be scheduled as needed.
- To represent the School in all matters that are of concern to all Departments within the School.
Doctorate Degree in appropriate area. (relative to School).
Walking, occasional lifting, sitting for long periods of time.
Submit: C.V. and Cover Letter to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Telephone Calls Please.