Talent Acquisition Specialist
Summary of the Position
Reporting to the Manager of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist plays a role in recruiting staff positions in collaboration with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist. The position works in a highly collaborative manner with Human Resources Business Partners and hiring managers to understand the clients' objectives and staffing needs. This position develops and executes customized sourcing and recruiting strategies generating a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future nonexempt and exempt staff positions. This position handles the full life cycle of the recruitment process. The position works closely with hiring managers in creating skilled and diverse candidate pools, and assists in making the best hiring decision for each search. The position also acts as Bentley's representative at diversity job fairs and external networking events.
• Works with the Manager of Talent Acquisition, Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist and HR Business Partners on the continuous evolution of the recruitment delivery model, focusing on best in practice recruitment, value-add to the community, and expertise in finding and attracting top tier candidates.
• Works closely with the Manager of Talent Acquisition on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment, including but not limited to: job fairs, diversity goals, recruitment strategies, and creating diverse candidate pools, etc.
• Conducts intake meeting with hiring manager/s to discuss the position, the ideal candidate, advertising venues and recruitment strategies and processes for the search.
• Develops appropriate screening criteria and assess resumes and applications, to pre-screen for hiring managers.
• Conducts initial phone screens to assess candidate skills, experience, salary requirements, availability and interest.
• Interviews candidates as requested by hiring managers and all finalist candidates as selected.
• Provides verbal or written feedback regarding candidates to hiring managers and other stakeholders.
• Validates all online applications for accuracy.
• Performs all necessary background checks for finalist candidates.
• Ensures that all recruiting processes are documented, consistent and efficient.
• Ensures that all successful candidates are on-boarded properly.
• Works with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to understand client departments' objectives and anticipates staffing needs.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
Associates Degree and 1 – 3 years of recruiting experience, or experience supporting a recruitment function, from a staffing agency, search firm or in-house recruiting team. Experience using on-line Applicant Tracking Systems is a must. Ability to learn sourcing techniques using contemporary recruiting and sourcing tools such as job boards, social media, resume databases and search engines to identify active and passive candidates.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience working in Higher Education is a plus. Broad knowledge of sourcing tools, posting placement, markets, social media and other active methods of reaching candidates, to reach the widest, most diverse pool of candidates is highly desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.