Executive Assistant for the Vice President/Academic Services
The Office of the Vice President for Academic Services is searching for a career executive assistant to support an executive-level college administrator. This is a salaried, non-represented position. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of strong administrative and office skills, be discrete, and support a highly confidential work environment. The Executive Assistant must have exemplary customer services skills, recognizing both internal and external clients. Examples of Duties: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the Vice President's calendar and schedule to include meetings, appointments, events
- Prepares correspondence for the Vice President such as memos, reports, letters, and other written documents
- Creates and/or maintains databases, electronic and paper files using MS Access, Excel, and Word
- Prepares and processes day-to-day paperwork, including travel forms, check requests, purchase requisitions, time sheets, special payroll action forms, variance requests, academic amnesty forms, etc., ensuring proper signatures and distribution, filing copies for reference
- Schedules adjunct observations and coordinating related documentation
- Schedules meetings, taking, transcribing and distributing meeting minutes
- Responds to email, telephone and written requests from Deans and Team Coordinators, other departments, and external customers
- Organizes and coordinates adjunct orientation program
- Interfaces with vendors for goods and pricing, ordering supplies, duplicating
- Project management and follow-up, to include Women's Leadership Institute
- Oversight and monitoring division budget accounts
- Acts as liaison to the AIC (Academic Issues Committee) and other State organizations
- Participates in Commencement preparation and activities
- Attends College activities
- Prepares, modifies, and reviews a variety of academic publications, catalogues, and handbooks as required
- Adheres to College Policies and Administrative Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree preferred. Minimum 3-5 years' experience in professional office environment required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage large volumes of various projects in a timely fashion.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and exercise sound judgement. Knowledge of higher education compliance requirements and FERPA preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel Outlook, Access and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional nights and weekends
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.