Clinical Nursing Coordination Specialist - Indianapolis IN Campus
This position is responsible for coordinating all clinical experiences for campus and web-based students by assisting deans, assistant deans, program/course coordinators, faculty, and students in identifying clinical sites to successfully complete evidence-based learning opportunities. You will support the mission and philosophy of the College and represents the College to clinical agencies, students, and the community through clinical scheduling and business development efforts. This positions reports to the Campus President.
- Develops and manages relationships with hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other clinical agency sites for nursing students to complete clinical rotations and presents sites to program coordinator for approval
- Obtains signatures and renewing and/or terminating contracts between Chamberlain University and clinical sites, based on alignment with clinical objectives.
- Manages relationships with existing clinical agency partners to ensure student and clinical site satisfaction as well as successful clinical experiences for nursing students. Responsible for the identification and assessment of concerns related to clinical experiences; facilitates appropriate intervention with faculty and program coordinators.
Coordinates and attends healthcare-related events such as annual clinical coordination meetings; creates and delivers presentations to key hospital leaders.
Develops innovative partnerships with hospital educators and leadership to provide educational services and cultivates relationships to source potential full and part-time faculty.
- Works with National Clinical Coordination Office, Clinical Compliance, Marketing, IT, and Admissions to reach potential students and effectively market clinical strengths of nursing programs
Maintains complete knowledge and understanding of Chamberlain University's curriculum and programs and clearly explain to clinical partners.
- Participates in academic planning and scheduling for students by securing adequate clinical placement inventory for registration choices for students and faculty.
Facilitates recruitment and selection of clinical preceptors utilized in assigned student clinical experiences with appropriate nursing faculty.
Plans and attends clinical coordination forums, pre-clinical summit events, career fairs, student forums, and conferences as appropriate to prepare and assess clinical program effectiveness.
Completes work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking clinical assignments.
Coordinates with Clinical Compliance Specialist to ensure students and faculty are compliant with and are prevented from entering clinical agency sites if they are not.
Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can be a team player and desires to share creative solutions and best practices.
Requirements include problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
Excellent organizational and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Inside sales and/or sales support skills helpful-- ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of successful demonstration of business development and/or sales competencies.
Solid knowledge or experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers is preferred.
Ability to make presentations to healthcare leaders and educators and be comfortable developing relationships via phone and in person.
Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks--ability to tolerate frequent interruptions.