QA Technician-1st Shift
Performs all quality control activities for a food manufacturing facility and assures all products meet or exceed safety, legal, and quality requirements. Assist in maintenance of quality records, and verify quality procedures. Schedule is 5pm-5am M-Thurs., and as needed.
1. Perform daily quality inspection and testing of products in accordance with established procedures.
2. Responsible to oversee QA procedures are in place and being follow according to procedures. Communicate issues to QA manager in order correct deficiencies.
3. Assist in the development and maintenance of document control program for QA dept.
4. Perform daily walkthrough, complete audit report, and report accordingly.
5. Assist in customer complaint investigation as needed.
6. Assist in maintaining laboratory inventory.
7. Perform necessary maintenance of QA equipment as needed.
8. Remain current on company's quality control practices and procedures.
9. Enforce company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), policies and procedures, and report any quality or food safety concerns to QA manager.
10. Train others on QA procedures as needed.
11. Responsible for maintaining company's retention program.
12. Inspect incoming raw materials as materials are received as needed.
13. Assist in equipment calibration program.
14. Assist in data collection and entry
15. Assist in maintenance of HOLD log, and to do HOLD investigation when necessary or as assigned.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned by Management.
-High School Diploma or higher (a plus)
-Experience in quality and/or food manufacturing (a plus)
-Good communication skills
-Able to lift 50 lbs.
Severance Foods, Inc. is the largest contract manufacturer of tortilla chips in the Northeast United States. We produce over 200 products for 30 different customers worldwide. We specialize in creating new products unique to their category. Our plant is Non-GMO Project Verified, Organic Certified, Kosher Certified (Kof-K and OU), HACCP approved, and SQF Level II.
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 09:52:17 PDT