Assistant Coach, Women's Gymnastics
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Head Coach of Women's Gymnastics, the Assistant Coach will support the Women's Gymnastics program by performing the following:
- Assists in team coaching, preparing team for competition, and individual student-athlete development. Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of women's gymnastics student-athletes.
- Coordinates recruitment activities, including: evaluating all potential student athletes through recruiting visits, online video, correspondence, and review of all academic information of potential recruits; preparing and submitting all compliance, competition and recruiting documentation in accordance with NCAA standards; recording and entering all Recruiting Activity and Academic/Athletic information into relevant software; and coordinating all on campus official/unofficial visits by communicating with all recruits, parents, and coaches of potential student-athletes and creating itineraries for on campus visits for all recruited student athletes.
- Assists in the game day set-up and management. Responsible for event coaching and spotting.
- Assists in promoting and developing the program by creating and maintaining effective relationships with alumni, donors, and community members. Participates in events as a representative of the department and women's gymnastics program.
- Maintains knowledge and remains current regarding all appropriate NCAA, EAGL Conference, Department of Athletics and Recreation, and University compliance issues, policies, and procedures.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but will require significant domestic travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with fiscal management and daily operations of an intercollegiate athletics department.
- Strong organizational, management, communication, and computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation Family Athletics Sub-Family Coaching Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm plus many evenings and weekends Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006426 Job Open Date: 06/22/2017 Job Close Date: 06/25/2017 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter