Research Program Officer
Working Title: Research Program Officer
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Psychiatric Medicine
Posting Date: 04-25-2017
The University of Virginia's Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences is seeking a Research Program Officer to lead the operations of the UVA Center for Behavioral Health and Technology (CBHT). The Research Program Officer will establish an administrative infrastructure for the Center and provide general management of the Center's research and administrative activities as well as project management oversight on various software development projects. In addition, the Program Officer will provide support to the Center Director in creating a vision for and implementation of strategic program development; help formulate program strategies and goals, assist with long-term planning, and develop policies and procedures; serve as a principal liaison between the Center, University leadership, and outside entities to establish the associations necessary to enhance the Center as a worldwide leader in the field of eHealth.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree. If no degree, applicants should have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Regardless of education level, applicants should have a minimum of four years relevant experience.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of specific and multiple areas of research program information, with the ability to synthesize expertise into team management and program design.
2. Demonstrate exceptional decision-making skills, exercising objectivity and independent judgment, and strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
3. Ability to translate complex information within a milieu of knowledge of federal, state and University's rules, regulations and policies.
4. Ability to design, manage, and implement University programs to fulfill state and federal policies and regulations.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrates masterful sophistication in all communication efforts with proven ability to communicate information to all levels of the institution, including developers, faculty, management, staff, University leadership and other community members.
7. Ability to plan and direct the overall operations of research programs.
8. Demonstrate ability to manage risk, identify areas of exposure, and implement solutions, as needed.
9. Ability to effectively build teams and collaborate, creating a positive, productive work environment that empowers others and fosters the development of employees as well as the mission and goals of the Center and University.
10. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
11. Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
12. Expert knowledge of PM best practices
13. Knowledgeable in current IT trends and best practices.
14. Experienced with large-scale enterprise infrastructure or enterprise applications projects.
15. Be diplomatic with demonstrated ability to lead and influence IT teams and colleagues, and negotiate with stakeholders.
16. Ability to manage project teams in a matrix environment.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81724