8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Come join a dynamic growing team of administrative support professionals in Student Affairs and Enrollment Services. Providing primary administrative support to the Financial Aid Office, and reporting to the Management Services Officer (MSO) we are dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our student population! We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that attracts a workforce which mirrors the diversity of the campus, which is ranked 4th in the nation as most diverse, and surrounding community. The Payroll/Personnel/Budget Coordinator is responsible for providing executive support to the Financial Aid Director on matters of budget, payroll, personnel, and office management. Responsible for organizing and maintaining records and files as related to financial analyses, human resources, and space administration. Participates in long range fiscal planning, space planning, and inventory control. Transactional responsibility for the fiscal and budgetary processes, including general ledger, accounts payable, personnel and payroll functions, and fiscal year-end closing. Maintains Director's calendar. Requires compliance with federal, state, university and outside agency policies and procedures, including maintenance of confidential records.
The salary range for this position: $20.59 per hour to $22.05 per hour.
Four (4) years demonstrated related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with processing routine financial accounting/purchasing transactions with an online financial system and identifying account variances and researching discrepancies.
Demonstrated experience with data exporting, tracking, preparation of spreadsheets and documenting transactional back up reports using software applications such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
Administrative experience in an office environment providing administrative support such as calendaring for staff and/or faculty, coordinating administrative activities, travel and programming, etc. including strong recordkeeping skills and attention to detail.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments to independently meet deadlines and complete tasks in an accurate manner, under pressure of constant interruption.
Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse population of staff, students, and faculty, using tact and diplomacy.
Demonstrated ability to process travel and entertainment arrangements and purchasing using online systems.
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Experience in interpreting administrative policies and establishing guidelines and procedures.
Demonstrated experience with payroll processing and personnel action items.
Knowledge of UC policies and procedures.
Experience with UCR mainframe systems, including PeopleSoft, Banner, and/or SIS+.
Knowledge of various UCR online applications such as eBuy, iTravel, and PPS.
Experience with UCR Financial Systems such as UCRFS, UCRFStotals, and Super DOPE.
Familiarity with FAU accounting structure.
Experience working with online calendaring systems.
Knowledge of UC Human Resources policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview