RN Case Manager
- Prospective, retrospective and concurrent review of inpatient admissions, outpatient procedures, homecare services and durable medical equipment.
- Coordinate care and facilitate discharge to an appropriate level of care in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Identify and refer quality issues to Quality Improvement.
- Identify and refer appropriate members for Case Management.
- Document and communicate with CareSource and Provider Case Managers and Discharge Planners to establish discharge planning needs and coordinate care.
- Perform any other job related instructions as requested, with reasonable accommodation.
- Provide direction to non-clinical medical management staff.
- RN's - Provide direction to and assist with oversight of LPN, LISW medical management staff
Perform any other job related instructions, as requested
Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or social work is preferred
Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience is required
Med/surgical acute clinical care experience is preferred
Medical management experience is preferred
Medicaid/Medicare experience is preferred
Three (3) years utilization review and/or case management experience is preferred
Basic data entry skills and internet utilization skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Attention to detail
Familiarity of the healthcare field
Proper grammar usage and phone etiquette
Time management skills
Customer service oriented
Decision making/problem solving skills
Strong organizational skills
Current, unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure is required; or
Current, unrestricted Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in state of practice and must be CPUR or CMCN certified is required.
Please apply directly to be considered
What Advantage On Call Offers:
- Full benefits
- Weekly Pay - Direct Deposit
- Great agency connection for this opportunity and others nationwide!
- Referral bonuses
- Great opportunity to further experience and get your foot in the door
Advantage On Call (AOC), a sister company of Advantage RN and headquartered in San Diego, is a Joint Commission-certified staffing company employing healthcare professionals for Local, Government Services, Therapy, and some Travel Nurse assignments in both private and government medical facilities. AOC is led by an enthusiastic group of young professionals focused on staffing facilities mostly on the West Coast. Government services staffing is nationwide.
Advantage On Call provides short term, per diem, temp-to-perm and permanent staffing for a variety of medical specialties including RNs, LPNs, CNAs as well as Behavioral Health and Therapy. AOC has local staffing presence in Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; San Diego, CA; Sacramento, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; and Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus, OH. Our Government Services division has a national reach placing all healthcare specialties in military facilities as well as in federal and state healthcare facilities.
Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:05:14 PDT