A & C Lineman+ Relay Technician & Groundman- Overhead Powerlines
Position Description You MUST apply on www.pike.com to be considered for this position
Please go to www.pike.com to view the job descriptions and fill out an application
Relay Technician(Job Number: 1700009L)
Position Summary /Essential Functions: Under minimal supervision, install, maintain, test, adjust, troubleshoot and repair relay and control equipment in electrical substations which includes, but is not limited to electromechanical, solid state and microprocessor protective relays, instrument transformers, indicating and KWH/KW meters, recording instruments including sequential event recorders and digital fault recorders, controls to all substation equipment including breakers, transformers, regulators, capacitors, reactors and all associated equipment, and remote control equipment including various forms of SCADA. Perform testing on substation equipment such as power factor testing, transformer turns ratio testing, current transformer ratio and saturation testing, insulation testing and other analytical tests as assigned. Comply with all company safety rules and procedures. Be responsible for tools, test equipment and vehicles. Develop advanced skills and the ability to work independently. This position is similar to an ANSI/NETA ETT-2000 Level 2 Technician with strong emphasis on relay and controls.
**Work locations may vary**
• 2 years training at a technical school (Associate degree in Electrical, Computer or Math)
• 2-4 years work experience in electrical relay and controls
• Experience in diagnostic testing and analysis of test results on protection and control equipment
• Experience reading electrical one-line, schematic and wiring diagrams
• Experience with various protective relay schemes
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Exercises good communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
• Valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Ability and willingness to work out of town
• Ability to adapt to changing technology
• Ability to work outside in an electrical substation environment, exposure to heat and cold, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting up to 50 pounds and working in elevated areas
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Experience with complex protective relay schemes
• Experience with protective relaying in a power plant environment
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-Union Company
:Pike Corporation, Inc.
Pike is one of the largest providers of Energy Solutions in the U.S. We provide engineering, construction and maintenance for distribution and transmission powerlines and substations, or EPC for turn-key and renewable energy projects. For large turn-key projects, to smaller maintenance work, we engineer, build and maintain
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:17:22 PDT