Job Title Senior Secretary
The Senior Secretary provides administrative support to the Information Systems & Operations Management (ISOM) department of the Lutgert College of Business and promotes a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and staff.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Three years of administrative support experience providing typing, filing, and customer service.
Experience with personal computers using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software and database manipulation.
Experience in higher education within an academic environment.
Experience with Banner and Gulfline systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a good command of grammar and editing.
Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Attention to detail and flexibility.
Ability to coordinate and implement assignments in order to meet deadlines.
Ability to assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an effective manner.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Banner and Gulfline systems.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of effective decision-making and problem-solving techniques.
Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
Ability to apply sound judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
Ability to maintain the integrity of client and donor information.
Salary Range $13.88 - $15.33 hourly ($29,000 - $32,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Provides administrative support to the Chair, Information Systems & Operations Management (ISOM) and department faculty.
•Adheres to confidentiality standards in handling records for the Information Systems & Operations Management (ISOM) department and for LCOB.
•Greets, screens, and routes visitors, telephone calls, and mail to the appropriate individuals.
•Records and distributes accurate messages.
•Coordinates and schedules calendar.
•Plans, coordinates, and follows-up on requests for meetings.
•Organizes and schedules internal and external meetings. Secures facilities and multi-media needs.
•Takes, types, and distributes minutes.
•Prepares and manages correspondence, reports, and documents.
•Establishes and maintains paper, electronic, and confidential files.
•Provides backup procedures for electronic files.
•Initiates and compiles semester information sheets for courses.
•Assists with identifying problems with faculty courses and classroom scheduling.
•Acts as liaison with instructional technology to ensure the availability of appropriate equipment.
•Prepares requisitions for equipment, supplies, and services upon request.
•Prepares purchase orders.
•Researches competitive vendor prices for equipment and supplies.
•Assists with the annual inventory and records disposal.
•Develops and maintains department databases.
•Assists with special departmental projects such as conferences, meetings, lecture series, bulk and/or special mass mailings, and multi-media presentations.
•Performs other special assignments, projects, and duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS283P
Open Date 06/23/2017
Close Date 07/23/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have three or more years of administrative support experience providing typing, filing, and customer service?
- * Do you have experience with personal computers using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software and database manipulation?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214