Coordinator of Student, Alumni and Corporate Relations - Department of Industrial & Enterprise Syst
Coordinator of Student, Alumni, and Corporate Relations
Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering in the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Coordinator of Student, Alumni, and Corporate Relations. The purpose of this position is to build relationships with alumni/students/friends and other stakeholders resulting in increased engagement, financial contributions, and overall support of the mission/goals of the Department, College, and University. The Coordinator plans, coordinates, publicizes and staffs various alumni and student-related events and programs. The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Operations who reports to the Department Head. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee and mentor student organizations as well as encourage student participation in departmental activities, professional societies, etc.; encourage student participation in national competitions and challenges.
- Develop and manage strategic plan for annual funds in order to increase stewardship for the Department's annual fund both in dollars raised and number of donors.
- Oversee, develop, and administer of the department's Corporate Partners program.
- Coordinate SE 290 (formerly GE390); recruits and schedules speakers from diverse backgrounds to spend the day at ISE. Speakers give a presentation during class time, hold individual/group meetings with students, and provide an even information session.
- Coordinate all activities and programming related to the ISE Alumni Board (including a board meeting once a semester, monthly board officers' phone meetings, and coordinates sub-committee phone meetings).
- Regularly communicate annual fund progress and performance with Department Head.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing programs and opportunities that build strong relationships between the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering and its students, alumni, and corporate partners.
- Identify and coordinate initiatives focused on special constituent or interest groups including young alumni.
- In collaboration with the Department communication office, provide content for communications and marketing initiatives to ensure they convey appropriate messages to the students, alumni, and corporate partners.
- Solicit and prepare nominations for campus, college and department alumni awards.
- Serve as the constituent liaison with the University of Illinois Alumni Association.
- Assist with the expansion of corporate-related programs and events such as job fairs, industry/consulting experiences, and professional development that provide engagement opportunities between students, corporate representatives, alumni, and department.
- Manage a comprehensive and ongoing stewardship program properly recognizing ISE donors. Donors may be alumni, students, friends, or corporate partners.
- Serve as the advancement staff liaison to the undergraduate awards committee, and scholarship and fellowship committee.
- Work outside the typical hours of the standard workday may be required for special events, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of experience working in the field of student and alumni relations or related applicable areas.
- Demonstrated abilities in effective oral and written communications, with excellent presentation and consensus-building skills; must be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in building and cultivating relationships with diverse constituents at all organizational levels, both within and outside the university.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and work independently.
- Master's degree.
- Progressive experience in independently developing positive student relationships and administering successful student programs.
- Significant experience working with alumni and corporate human resources managers and recruiting representatives.
- Demonstrated experience with major event preparation and management.
- Previous experience working in an academic or higher education environment.
The Coordinator of Student, Alumni, and Corporate Relations is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by July 18, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman, email@example.com, 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator of Student, Alumni and Corporate Relations - Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering (A1700388)
Open Date: 06/23/2017
Organization Name: IndustrialandEnterprise Sys Eng